COVID Testing for Staff
Following recent government changes to testing and self-isolation guidance for healthcare workers, our Clinical Effectiveness Committee agreed a number of changes for staff working across our Eastern services. These changes are effective from Monday 23 May 2022.
A summary of key changes is as follows:
Asymptomatic screening for staff
- Staff working in patient facing areas are required to complete twice weekly asymptomatic LFD screening (this includes all roles that come into contact with patients or support those in a clinical area)
- Staff working in non-patient facing areas are no longer required to undertake asymptomatic testing.
Staff who have new symptoms of COVID-19
- PCR tests no longer required for symptomatic staff.
- If symptomatic an LFD test will be undertaken.
Staff who have a positive LFD result
- PCR tests are no longer required for staff with a positive LFD test.
- LFD tests are logged on the NHS portal and line managers and the Absence Hub should be informed. The return to work process remains the same for days 0-10.
- From day 11, staff no longer need a negative LFD result and can return to work if they do not have a temperature and feel clinically well enough. Please see the day 10 return to work risk assessment.
- Patient facing staff should resume asymptomatic screening using LFD upon return to work.